Choose Your VPS Hosting Management Level
2020’s Fastest & Best VPS Provider
From our SSDs to our fine tuned SwiftServer platform to our Turbo Servers featuring up to 20X faster page loads compared to competing VPS Hosting providers, you’re not going to find better virtual private servers than at A2 Hosting! Get started now completely risk free with our Anytime Money Back Guarantee!
You Won’t Find Better VPS Hosting Anywhere!
Want a fast VPS? You got it! How about a reliable VPS? Check. Need the best development software? Sure! You get all of these benefits and so much more in our high performance, feature-rich VPS Hosting plans.
Up To 20X Faster Servers
Our exclusive Turbo Server option offers you the fastest hosting experience!
SSD VPS Hosting Solutions
Get the best performance with solid state drives
The best versions of the most popular development software
99.9% Uptime Commitment
A2 Hosting is the host you can depend on with ultra-reliable servers!
Choose Your VPS Management Level
Self-Configure Your Custom Server
- Command Line Management
- Managed Hardware & Network
- Choice Of Operating System
- Full Root Access
100% Worry-Free HostGuard Server Management
- EASY cPanel Control Panel
- Managed Hardware & Network
- 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support
- Get Root Access On Core VPS
- Managed Server Security
Need Help Choosing A VPS Server?
Here is a full breakdown of the three VPS management options available at A2 Hosting providing a quick comparison of each level.
- Managed VPS Hosting: The most popular VPS solution. Let us worry about your server infrastructure while you focus on your website. We support your hardware, core server software, network, security configuration, patches/updates and provide general troubleshooting assistance.
- Core VPS: Ideal for users who require advanced administrative privileges. Since we don’t have access to manage your server configuration, we only manage the initial deployment of the server and security hardening. This offers advanced users with a secure initial server hosting environment while allowing you to customize the server to fit your specific needs.
- Unmanaged VPS Hosting: Get full administrative privileges with our Unamanaged VPS plans. This is perfect for advanced users who want to configure servers to meet their exact needs and includes your choice of operating system.
VPS Hosting – Experience The A2 Difference!
Up To 20X Faster Servers
Give your site a boost! Host on our fine-tuned, blazing fast Turbo Server option.
24/7/365 Guru Crew
Our team of friendly support experts are here around the clock if you need help!
Processes and best practices in place to help keep your account safe!
Depend on A2 Hosting! Your account is backed by our 99.9% Uptime Commitment.
Give our high speed hosting service a try completely risk-free!
VPS Hosting – What Our Customers Have To Say?
Server performance, flexible management levels, easy-to-use features & the best development software are a few reasons why 97% of A2 Hosting customers would recommend us to a friend, family or colleague. Are you ready to be the next happy VPS customer?
“Fast support did what I asked for my managed VPS.”
— May 7, 2020
“I appreciate your thorough and precise responses to my pre-sales questions on your Managed Linux VPS solutions!”
— August 16, 2020
“Hi Generally, I am extremely happy with the friendly, no fuss and technically proficient service provided by A2 hosting. The only minor issue was that, being a newbie to webhosting, I was not fully aware of the resource restrictions imposed on my first package – the Lite Service. If I had known about the memory restrictions (running PM2 and…” Read full review
— March 21, 2020
“What such a great support! A2H Team is very professional and also got a talent support team. They help you whenever you need. Sometimes they do even more than they should do, and better always happy to help you. They servers and VPS are 99.99 up-time…Actually i never see my server off. I have renew my service for 2 years, because I really i am at…” Read full review
— February 10, 2020
“You do not provide support for unmanaged VPS hosting systems. I certainly can understand that you do not want everyone messing up the standard system and then asking for help. However, cpanel and webuzo are similar. Consider partial support when the system is standard and check to see if the cpanel has the same issue with softaculous. Here is…” Read full review
— May 19, 2020
“I’m on an unmanaged VPS. I forgot that A2 does not use port 22 for SSH. I installed UFW and only opened ports 22 and 8080. As soon as I enabled it, I was instantly screwed. Fortunately, as a one-time courtesy, the support team opened the correct port for me.”
— June 13, 2020
“A2hosting’s VPS has data centers available worldwide. Its 24/7 service is global and very timely to help me with the issues of the moment.”
— April 16, 2020
“Great VPS support, thanks.”
— August 11, 2020
“A2 Hosting is a cost-effective deal for both companies and Small-Medium Businesses (SMB). What makes it one of the strongest web-hosting contenders is its amazing features (such as free SSL, one free site transfer, a 320ms speed, etc.) and its impeccable support and compatibility across different platforms (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento,…” Read full review
— May 31, 2020
VPS Hosting FAQs
Do you have VPS Hosting questions? A2 Hosting has all of the answers you could be looking for below!
VPS is an abbreviation for “virtual private server”. A VPS works by dividing a physical server into separate virtual machines. Each of these virtual machines, or virtual private servers, operate completely independently from one another. In other words, each VPS has its own operating system as well as allocation of resources like RAM, CPU and disk space. This provides you with an environment that closely mimics that of a Dedicated Server, without the costs associated with it.
There are many advantages to choosing VPS Hosting over competing solutions. These advantanges include:
- Improved Performance & Isolation – You don’t share resources with other users meaning your audience will enjoy your enhanced website performance in a VPS environment.
- More Control & Customization – Root access allows you to configure server settings to fully match your hosting needs.
- Cost Effectiveness – You get to experience most of the benefits of a Dedicated Server, without the cost.
- Highly Scalable – As your site becomes more popular, you can also easily increase your VPS’ resources to keep up with growth.
- Ability To Host Resource Intensive Software – Some software is not compatible in a Shared Hosting environment as it needs more resources to run properly. A VPS offers those additional resources.
Shared Hosting is likely your starting point when launching a new site because it is the most affordable hosting option. With Shared Hosting, you are hosted on a server where you share the physical resources, like CPU, memory/RAM and disk space, with other users. The primary drawback of Shared Hosting is that it can be relatively inflexible for more advanced users looking for a fully customized server configuration. Also, you can outgrow a shared hosting account as your site becomes more popular and you need a service that can handle the increased traffic. This is when you should consider VPS Hosting.
VPS Hosting is the perfect solution for when you need more power and flexibility than a Shared Hosting account, but are still looking for an affordable hosting solution. Unlike Shared Hosting, you do not share disk space, RAM or CPU with other users. You can almost look at a VPS like having your own “mini” Dedicated Server. This is what makes a VPS a much more powerful hosting solution. Our Unmanaged VPS and Core VPS solutions also feature full root access giving you the ability to deep dive into your server and customize it to your specific needs. A VPS also allows you to run software more resource intensive software that is unable to run in a Shared Hosting environment.
Of course if you have any questions about which hosting solution to choose our 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support team is standing by to help! Just contact them via live chat, phone or email!
A2 Hosting’s Core and Managed VPS Hosting solutions are extremely user-friendly to use! That’s because we include the same easy-to-use cPanel control panel, offererd in our Shared Hosting environment, on these VPS accounts. Easily manage your software, websites, databases, files, email and more within the intuitive cPanel graphic interface.
If you are looking for an easy upgrade from your Shared Hosting account and want to continue using an intuitive control panel like cPanel, we recommend that you select a Managed VPS account. Our expert support team can even seamlessly migrate your existing website into a Managed VPS for free!
If, on the other hand, you are an experienced developer who is comfortable working with command line and want root access so you can fully customize your server, an Unmanaged VPS would be a better option for you.
The need to handle increased traffic as your site grows in popularity is probably the main reason why you’re considering VPS Hosting. If your website has begun to experience a consistent increase in the number of daily visitors, it is the perfect time for you to consider moving into a VPS Hosting solution.
However, there are a number of additional reasons to consider VPS Hosting including:
- You are running more than one site and you want additional resources to power them.
- You want greater control over your sites’ privacy and security.
- You’re have a revenue generating business or e-commerce website.
- You want to run resource intensive software that is not supported on Shared Hosting plans.
- You require root access for your server.
- You want more control over your server and want to configure it to your specific needs.
- You are developing sites for a number of clients.
At A2 Hosting, our motto is “Our Speed, Your Success”. That’s for good reason too, because we understand that your site’s page load speed has a direct impact on your success. Just a 1-second delay in your page load speed can have a severe negative impact on your bounce rate and conversion rate. Even if you’re not running an eCommerce site, page speed also is correlated with visitor satisfaction level and your SEO rankings.
Think of the last slow site you visited. You likely hit the back button on your browser before you even finished waiting for the site to load. While there are a number of factors that determine how fast your site will perform, one of the most important determining factors is choice of web host. Choose the fast web host! Choose A2 Hosting!
What is really going to boost the performance of your site is our Turbo Boost option featuring up to 20X faster page loads compared to competing VPS Hosting options. Our Turbo Boost VPS solution:
- Uses less CPU and memory than Apache allowing for increased performance
- Handles your connections faster and more efficiently
- Provides enhanced stability
When you choose our Turbo Servers, you’re also going to get the option to use our Turbo Caching solution. Turbo Caching further increases page load speeds by storing the entire HTML contents of your pages in memory. That means your pages can be served without having to run PHP, offering the ultimate performance boost!
Turbo Boost is just one of the features included on our high speed, exclusive SwiftServer platform. Other speed enhancing solutions include:
- SSD VPS – SSD, or solid state drives, is the next generation of hosting technology. Traditional, older hard disk drives (HDDS) use spinning disks and a read-write head to access your data. SSDs, on the other hand, use flash technology to access your data. This allows the SSD to quickly and directly access the data as opposed to waiting for the disk to spin to the location of it. SSD technology is found in smartphones and most laptops now because of its superior performance. In fact, sites hosted on SSDs offer up to 300% faster page loads compared to HDDs. Some VPS hosts claim to offer Solid State Drive Hosting, but they likely end up hosting only your OS or databases on SSDs. They don’t use SSD to host your files. At A2 Hosting, we use SSD for everything, including your files, meaning you get the biggest speed boost possible That’s why our SSD Hosting loads pages faster than our competition and why even we host our own site on solid state drives. You’re going to love them!
- Choice Of Data Center Locations – Another key factor in page load speed is how close your data is located to your visitors. If your data is located on one hemisphere, but your visitor is located on another hemisphere, it’s going to take some time for your site to reach your visitor. That’s why we offer multiple data center locations allowing your VPS to be located as close to your site visitors as possible.
- Free CDN – At A2 Hosting, you get a free CDN, or content delivery network. While our choice of data centers allows you to host your site close to your visitors, our CDN gets your site to them faster. That’s because our CDN determines the most efficient and fastest route to deliver your site from our data center to your visitor. This is done automatically through the use of the CDN’s inter-connected, globally located servers.
VPS Hosting – Industry Best Solutions
Our goal isn’t to win awards. Our goal is to offer the best web host solutions that are both blazing fast and ultra-reliable. Even so, we’re still extremely proud of our team’s accomplishments! Since our launch in 2003, their hard work has helped us earn recognition and accolades as the top hosting provider in the industry.
VPS Hosting – Need A Different Solution?
Don’t see a service that fits your specific hosting needs? Don’t worry, we have you covered! We offer a wide range of solutions bound to meet your requirements ranging from Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated and everything in between including Managed WordPress Hosting. Looking for a new domain name or SSL Certificate? We’ve got you covered there as well! Just click the button below to visit our Web Hosting comparison page. That’s where you’ll see a full breakdown of all of our high speed hosting services.
Read The Latest VPS Blog Posts & VPS News From A2 Hosting!
Recent VPS Hosting Guides & Other Helpful Articles
2020’s Best Virtual Private Server
VPS – The A2 Way
Smaller websites with fewer pages and page views can perform well with a Shared Hosting account. On the other hand, large sites with hundreds of pages and thousands or millions of page views definitely need the features and benefits of dedicated server hosting. VPS Hosting, on the other hand, is an ideal solution for medium-sized businesses and sites with a decent amount of regular traffic. Our VPS Hosting plans offer you the perfect intermediate solution between a Dedicated Server and Shared Hosting solution. Depending on where your site stacks up and your particular needs, A2 Hosting definitely has a VPS hosting solution available just for you. A2 Hosting has an affordable fast VPS Hosting solution to meet your needs.
At A2 Hosting, you get three VPS provider management level options:
1. Managed VPS Hosting
A Managed VPS is a perfect upgrade from a shared hosting account. These plans offer you the same ease-of-use of an A2 Hosting shared hosting account, but with the power of a VPS.
2. Unmanaged VPS Hosting
An Unmanaged VPS is designed for experienced developers who are comfortable working with command line. These plans allow you to customize your server configuration.
3. Core VPS Hosting
Combines all the services of our Managed VPS plans, but also includes full root access for complete control. Our Core VPS is the perfect combination of both our Managed VPS and Unmanaged VPS options.
What Is VPS Hosting?
As an acronym for Virtual Private Server, a VPS is a type of virtual server hosting solution many businesses and digital publishers move on to after outgrowing their shared hosting plans. A VPS is also referred to as a virtual dedicated server, or VDS Hosting. VPS hosting offers you increased control over your server and provides you with the ability to perform more advanced functions with your website.
In order to gain a better understanding of what a VPS is, it makes sense to better understand the advantages of a dedicated server hosting. Dedicated servers provide many benefits, such as security, privacy, and a range of dedicated resources. With a dedicated server, there’s no competing with other websites for storage space, bandwidth, and speed. A Dedicated Server is ideal for dynamic websites or any large enterprise-level site with hundreds or thousands of daily visitors.
VPS hosting, on the other hand, offers a similar hosting environment to a dedicated server, but operates in a manner similar to Shared Hosting. In other words, you will still share a server with other digital publishers, but you will have added privacy and capabilities. Also unlike Shared Hosting accounts, your VPS server space is split up into self-contained units.
When searching for VPS web hosting, you should look flexible and scalable plans, highly secure data centers, and most of all, a super-friendly and knowledgeable support staff with a ton of experience in dealing with a wide variety of server configurations. At A2 Hosting, you get all of that and so much more!
Why Should I Choose An A2 VPS Server?
Most novice website owners begin with Shared Hosting plans. Designed for small sites without the need for a lot of bandwidth and storage space, Shared Hosting is not surprisingly a popular option for many site owners. However, once your website outgrows the limitations of shared hosting, a VPS should be your next step.
A key aspect of VPS hosting is its virtualization capabilities. With a VPS, we divide each physical server into multiple smaller virtual servers with private and dedicated RAM and hard drive space. This provides you with a more isolated hosting environment without disruptions from other clients’ sharing server space.
These added features make VPS hosting ideal for small publishers and businesses that want added peace of mind and don’t mind paying for it. If you’re worried about the performance of your site being affected by others on a shared hosting plan, a VPS is definitely the way to go.
Advantages of Using A Virtual Private Server
Packed with pros and with very few cons, a virtual private server from A2 Hosting is a terrific compromise between the affordability of shared hosting and the privacy, security, and performance of dedicated hosting. Let’s take a look at some of the pros of a VPS:
- You get to share the cost of the server hardware while still experiencing features and benefits found with Dedicated Server Hosting
- Your VPS Server will be set-up in practically no time at all!
- With increased server permissions, you’ll have more control over your server
- The ability to publish and remove sites right from your own control panel
- VPS software can be installed and modified at will
- Each VPS segment is run in a private environment that is inaccessible and cannot be interrupted or viewed by a VPS neighbor hosted on the same server.
- VPS Hosting offers you the same level of system administration as found on a dedicated server
- Despite sharing a server with other VPS customers, each VPS account acts independently from one another including control of boots, shutdown and reboots
In addition to these advantages, VPS Server Hosting also allows you to modify your operating system just like a dedicated server. How cool is that?
Like anything in life, however, there are a few potential drawbacks to using a VPS as well, such as:
- Since you get more resources with a VPS, you will see a price increase compared to a shared hosting account
- If you choose an Unmanaged VPS, you need to know a little bit about servers and server administration
- If you choose an Unmanaged VPS and are unfamiliar with command line, there is the potential for making a mistake
If you are concerned about the drawbacks number 2 and 3, you should definitely consider a Managed VPS as opposed to our Unmanaged VPS option.
Understanding What A VPS Server Is
Are you still struggling with the virtual server hosting concept? Try this comparison to better understand how a VPS Web Hosting environment works and why it is advantageous to choose over competing solutions. Let’s try comparing a web server to an apartment building that can be divided up in two ways:
1.) The building can be divided into apartments where each is a smaller, individual home; just as a server can be broken into VPSes that are essentially smaller, individual servers.
2.) Another option is leaving the apartment building as a massive, single home; just like an entire server can be used for a massive, single dedicated hosting account.
With option number one, each tenant has access to their very own kitchen, bathroom, bedroom etc. This is similar to how a VPS behaves. With option number two, all the tenants compete for use of a single kitchen, bathroom, bedroom etc. This is similar to how a Shared Hosting account would work.
SSD Virtual Server Hosting
For even faster performance, make sure to choose VPS SSD Hosting from A2 Hosting. Instead of hosting on traditional hard disk drives (HDDs) that rely on spinning disks, our solid-state drives (SSD) VPS solutions use flash technology that helps improve your page load speeds. Performance tests have shown that SSDs perform up to 300% faster compared to traditional hard drives. While some VPS providers only host the operating system or database on SSDs, A2 Hosting hosts everything including your files on SSD! This provides you with the ultimate SSD VPS solution ensuring you get the most performance gains possible!
Web development tips, marketing strategies and A2 Hosting news sent to your inbox.