Choosing the best website hosting [Checklist]
- make a list with trustworthy web host companies that you want to check – you can use ours from the above table.
- web hosting location – you would want UK/Europe-based data center (much faster data delivery) and UK/Europe English speaking in-house support (they are in your time zone and can solve your problems faster)
- website hosting speed – speed is everything. The faster the site, more traffic and conversions and more income to your business. That’s why you need local hosting and test their Ping and page speed load time, Google recommends server response time under 200ms. Website Speed is a ranking factor as well.
- support – one of the most important features. If the hosting company has good hardware, your site either works good or it does not at all. And if the second happens you want to be able to reach someone with competence that is able to solve your problem. In-house UK support by sysadmins with live chat or phone is the best. Response times are very important as well, since every minute your site is down you lose money, traffic and potentially search positions.
- web host security – do they provide isolated accounts, firewalls and auto updates of CMS like WordPress and Joomla
- data backup – everything happens. Your data is the most important part of your business and you can accidentally delete something or get infected by a virus. Your web hosting service needs to have a backup!
- read web hosting reviews by experts (you can grasp the insight from people with experience, but keep in mind that they also are affiliated with the hosting providers, so don’t take the review 100%)
- read reviews by customers – browse the web and find customer reviews of the chosen web host company. Also, don’t trust that 100% since there are paid reviews and there are hate reviews.
Top UK web hosting reviews
Our experts have compared the best web hosting providers in the UK for 2019. Read the best UK web hosting reviews and choose the most reliable web hosting company.
There are different kinds of website hosting services depending on your needs. That’s why we are trying to constantly improve our reviews with new more needs based comparison charts. The general UK web hosting providers are in the table above.
Here is the list of the best 5 WordPress hosting services. More specific reviews will be coming soon on the cheap website hosting companies, Joomla web host providers and list of the free website hosting services in the UK.
In our blog section we have for you some basic advice on how to pick the best web hosting for your business, what hosting solution will suit you, the basics that you should know when managing your hosting account and more advice and tips, so make sure you check frequently and stay up to date with the news from the web hosting world.
Visit our Google+ profile or Facebook page to ask any questions. If you are simply a non-technical person, the cheapest and fastest way to make your own website is to choose the best website builder on the market and build it. Beginning 2019, we’ve made our own list of the best website builders in the UK.
Our experts have compared the best web hosting providers in the UK for 2019. Read the best UK web hosting reviews and choose the most reliable website hosting company.
We have a lot of questions on our e-mail if hosting an e-shop is different than hosting a normal blog or info site. And the answer is Yes.
Online stores usually have a lot of products and some of their pages are not cached by the server. That is why they use much more resources than a normal site.
Also speed here reflects on the conversions. That is why e-commerce platforms use special features like Redis (database cache) and Varnish (front-end cache).
You need to make sure the website host supports those.
Magento is currently the most professional and widespread e-commerce CMS so we have made a special page that covers all you need to know to choose the best Magento hosting.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to install and uninstall WordPress on GoDaddy and I will explain all the settings and what do they mean. With the one-click install, GoDaddy has you can install WordPress literally in seconds. So, let’s begin. First, you need to have a GoDaddy hosting plan an…
In this article, we will show you how to connect your GoDaddy domain name with a VPS droplet from DigitalOcean. Before we begin – here is our GoDaddy review and DigitalOcean review where you can find more info about both companies and here you can find the most recent GoDaddy discounts. So let’s…
In the modern web, every millisecond of your site performance counts. It depends on your website structure, but from tests performed by CloudFlare and LoadImpact, your site can benefit from 20% to 200%+ increase in speed from switching to the new HTTP/2 protocol. This test illustrates the difference…
In this article: What is a dedicated gaming server? Renting vs. your own dedicated server Step by Step: How to Setup a Dedicated Gaming Server for WOW Step by Step: How to Setup a Dedicated Gaming Server for Minecraft If you want to enjoy a customised gaming experience, you’re not alone. Wh…
Google App Engine (you can try it for free here) is an open cloud platform that allows you to build mobile and web applications. However, this is not all; you can bring your frameworks, language runtimes, and even third-party libraries. The Google App Engine is a well-managed platform which entirely…
How important is IOPS for web hosting? Web hosting performance can be measured by anyone of several metrics – total disk space and bandwidth allowance perhaps being the most common examples. This is a useful approach as it helps to define the boundaries you’ll be working in as a hosting customer, …
Web Hosting Video Tutorials
We have started this video tutorial section based on the most common questions we receive from our readers. Here you can find step by step guides that will show you how to set up your hosting, connect it to your domain and how to navigate the admin area of your account.
We will also show you how to install and work your way trough the most common CMS systems like WordPress or Joomla and how to solve the most common hosting issues like uploading from your computer to your server, connecting your database or setting up your email account.
I am going to show you how to get a shared hosting from GoDaddy for less than 1£/month. If you go straight to GoDaddy UK site, you will get a much high price on their basic shared hosting account. This discount is only available trough GoDaddy partner sites like top5hosting.co.uk. …
Having your own vanity e-mail with your domain is not only more secure, but it looks much better on your business card. If you own a domain name, you can have firstname.lastname@example.org as your email address in a few easy steps. This tutorial will show you how to do it in less than 30 seconds with we…
In the video below you can see a step by step tutorial on how to add multiple domains to your cPanel shared hosting. Steps 1. Log in your web hosting account 2. Go to cPanel 3. Under Domains section choose Addon Domains 4. Enter the new domain information …