Are you wondering how to watch YouTube TV in Australia? Then, you have come to the right place. This guide will teach you an easy process of accessing YouTube TV from Australia with the help of a VPN.
YouTube TV is currently only available in the USA. Therefore, if you try accessing the streaming platform from Australia, you will instantly be blocked and displayed the following error message:
“Live local networks and video on demand aren’t available in this country.”
How to Get YouTube TV in Australia Using a VPN
Here is the process of watching YouTube TV from Australia:
- Get a VPN that works with YouTube TV. We recommended ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a VPN server located in the “United States”.
- Visit YouTube TV, create an account with a US Zipcode
- Pay with a YouTube TV gift card or PayPal account
- Visit the YouTube TV website and enjoy streaming!
Watch YouTube TV Now!$6.67/mo on a 15-Months Plan
Quick Tip: To create a Youtube TV account, you require a US Zipcode, like 10002 is a zipcode from the New York area. If you want to watch channels from a specific area, these area-wise zip codes will help you.
You can either Google them or visit here to find the ones according to your preference. You can pay for YouTube TV with PayPal or you can use a YouTube TV gift card to complete your sign-up from abroad.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is Google’s live television and video-on-demand streaming service with could-based DVR, offering more than 85 channels to stream. YouTube is a top cord-cutting option.
YouTube TV has more than 3 million subscribers despite the fact that it is only available in the USA, which is a great testament to the fact that people don’t need cable TV anymore when it’s accessible online!
How Does a VPN Help to Unblock YouTube TV in Australia?
Your internet connection has your local IP address. So, when you try to unblock YouTube TV from Australia, the service immediately tracks your local IP and won’t allow you to access the service.
This is where the right VPN will help you to bypass YouTube TV geo-restrictions so you can watch it anywhere in the world. With VPN you can change your local IP with a US IP address by following the mentioned above steps.
This is how to trick YouTube TV locations that you are residing in the USA and allows you to access the content from Australia without any hassle.
Criteria to Choose the Best VPN for YouTube TV Australia
While choosing a VPN for unblocking YouTube TV in Australia, there are three things that you have to take into consideration:
Security and Features
What good is a VPN, if it cannot ensure your safety. Always choose a VPN with a strong encryption protocol, so that your anonymity cannot be decrypted by any hacker, government authority or even your ISP.
The best VPN providers in the industry offer military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protocol. This is the best encryption that you can get from a VPN. Besides this, a VPN should also ensure no IP or DNS leaks.
Also, the provider should also have a strict no-logs policy, so that you may browse and stream freely without being afraid that your activity is being tracked.
No. of Servers
A VPN that has a large network of servers will help you to enjoy streaming without compromising on speed. You will not face any bandwidth issues as the load on the servers will be less.
And, if any server’s response time is slow, you will be able to switch to another one. For example, ExpressVPN has more than 20 servers in the USA and more than 3000 servers worldwide.
If you are using ExpressVPN for unblocking YouTube TV, you will have the option to choose from 1080+ servers, and you will not be facing any bandwidth loads or lags.
The capability of Unblocking YouTube TV
Other than all the things, a VPN should be able to bypass the geo-restrictions and access the platform without being detected. after all, if a VPN does not have the capability to do that then it’s not useful at all.
Best Youtube TV VPNs to Use in Australia
To watch YouTube TV without any buffering, try these three VPN providers to unblock for watching YouTube TV in Australia in 2021.
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN for YouTube TV in Australia
- It offers 3000+ fastest servers in 90+, including 1080+ US servers making it the best YouTube TV VPN.
- You can get ExpressVPN 1-year plan for $6.67/mo only.
- ExpressVPN successfully unblocks Youtube TV and all the major streaming services from anywhere such as Hulu, HBO Max, Vudu and American Netflix in Australia.
- offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Offers Military-Grade 256-Bit AES encryption.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Compatible with all major devices and platforms including VPN routers.
Also Read: How to Watch ThreeNow in Australia
2. Surfshark: Low-Cost VPN for YouTube TV in Australia
- Offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries including 500+ server locations in the US (best servers to watch YouTube TV in Australia are Las Vegas, Denver, and Detroit).
- Surfshark is offering its 2-year plan for $2.49/mo .
- Unblocks all the major online channels that are geo-restricted streaming service such as HBO Max, US Netflix, Channel 4 and Hulu in Australia.
- Offers App for all major platforms including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and even routers.
- 24/7 excellent live chat customer support.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
Get Surfshark for YouTube TV!Our Top Recommendation for USA
Also Read: How to Watch Voot in Australia
3. NordVPN: Reliable VPN for YouTube TV in Australia
- NordVPN offers more than 5400+ servers in 59 countries and 1970+ servers in the US (available in California, New Jersey, California, and more).
- Its 2-year plan cost only $3.67/mo .
- It offers dedicated servers for streaming, which means you can also access NBC, US American, ThreeNow and BFI Player in Australia.
- It is a perfect VPN for those users who are looking for both streaming and the best security features.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- App Available for all major platforms.
Also Read: How to Watch HBO Max in Australia
Not able to watch YouTube TV in Australia: Solutions
If you cannot access YouTube TV in Australia even after connecting with a premium VPN, then following these easy solutions to overcome this issue:
- Clear cache and cookie from the browser on which you are watching YouTube TV
- Disconnect VPN and connect with a different US server/location
- Disable GPS and set your device to US time zone
- Open Command Prompt on Windows device and paste this: ipconfig/flushdns to flush DNS
Streaming Devices That Supports YouTube TV
Here is the list of devices that are compatible with YouTube TV
Smart Phones and Tablets
- iOS 11 (iPhone & iPad)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop (Phones & Tablets)
Streaming Media Players
Amazon Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick
- Fire TV Cube
- PS4 & PS4 Pro
- Xbox One, Series S, Series X, One X & One S
- Android TV
- Samsung TV (2016+ models)
- LG Smart TV (2016+ models)
- Sony Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Vizio SmartCast
Can I Watch YouTube TV in Australia With a Free VPN?
There are dozens of FreeVPN services that claim to unblock popular geo-blocked streaming services like YouTube TV. However, according to ScreenBinge testing, none of them unblocks YouTube TV in Australia.
And there are tons of reasons why these free VPN services can’t unblock YouTube TV and other geo-streaming services: First, these free VPN services offer a very limited amount of servers, and unlike premium VPN services they don’t replace their servers once they get blacklisted or blocked by YouTube.
Second, if surprisingly any of these free VPN providers server works with YouTube TV to watch in Australia, then there is a high chance that you going to face buffering and poor video quality issues as they are a large number of streamers using a limited amount of servers.
Third, it requires a hefty amount of money to run a VPN service. And most of these free VPN services cover this running cost and even earn handsome profit by selling users’ data logs to surveillance agencies, third parties, and social platforms.
This is why I always recommend using a reputable VPN service to watch YouTube TV within Australian territories.
Popular Shows and Movies to Watch on YouTube TV in Australia
Are you looking for something exciting to watch on YouTube TV in Australia? Below we list down some popular TV shows, YouTube Originals, movies, and Live shows for your convenience!
Popular TV Shows
- Saturday Night Live
- The Bachelor
- Wheel of Fortune
- This Is US
- Daytime Jeopardy
- Shark Tank
- Big Bang Theory
- The Office
- Law and Order
- The Equalizer
- Modern Family
- Seven Worlds, One Planet
- The Age of A.I
- Instant Influencer
- What The Fit
- This is Paris
- Straight Outta Compton
- The Outsider
- Jurassic World
- Good Morning America
- New Day Weekend
- Fox & Friends
- The Zoo: San Diego
How much does YouTube TV cost in Australia?
YouTube TV monthly subscription costs USD 64.99 per month. If you are subscribing to YouTube TV from Canada then it would cost you around AUD 85.15 per month.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Australia: FAQs
How do I spoof my location on YouTube TV?
A VPN is an ideal solution to spoof your location on YouTube TV. All you need is to connect with the US servers that help you trick YouTube TV with your location and bypass its geo-restrictions boundaries.
What VPN works with YouTube TV?
ExpressVPN, NordVPN and Surfshark are the VPNs that work with YouTube TV.
How can I watch Freeview YouTube TV in Australia?
No, you cannot watch Freeview YouTube TV in Australia. You must get its subscription to stream its content.
Now all the Australian streamers can unblock this amazing service by using any of the recommended VPN services. However, if you encounter any issues in accessing YouTube TV in Australia, do not hesitate on dropping a comment below. We will be pleased to provide you with assistance!