This tutorial will guide you how to install WordPress in a Web Hosting instance.
To install WordPress, follow these steps:
Download WordPress and upload it to the instance
- Download WordPress package.
Use FileZilla or other FTP clients to upload the WordPress package to the FTP site of the Web Hosting instance.
Note: Log on to the Web Hosting console, and you can find the FTP Login Name, FTP Login Password, FTP Login Host Address on the Instance Details page.
Extract WordPress package
After you have upload the WordPress package to the instance FTP site, extract the package. For more information, see extract files from a compressed package.
Enable debug mode
On the Web Hosting console, enable debug mode. For more information, see debug the website.
Point a web browser to start the installation script.
Run the WordPress installation script by accessing the Test Domain in a web browser.
- Log on to the Web Hosting console, and you can find the Test Domain on the Instance Details page.
- If you installed WordPress in the root directory of the FTP site, you should visit the test domain.
- If you installed WordPress in its own subdirectory called WordPress, for example, you should visit test domain/WordPress/.
Follow the prompt message and fill in database information, then click Submit.
Log on to the Web Hosting console, and you can find the database information on the Instance Details page.
For Database Host, enter Database Connection Address of the database.
- For Table Prefix, take the default value.
In the installation page, enter the required information, and then click Install WordPress.
After the installation, log on to WordPress by the Email and the password you set.