Of course, you can use Device Manager or you can even look for the driver by visiting your graphics card manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers for your model.
However, the easiest way to update your driver is by using a third-party tool such as DriverFix that will work through the whole process automatically.
You only need to download and install DriverFix, then open it. You don’t have to click on anything because the software will automatically run a driver scan on your PC.
For the first option, you have to check the boxes on the left of the drivers and then click the update boxes from their right. For the second, you just click on the Select All box.
Reinstalling your graphics card driver is a breeze with DriverFix because the whole process is automatic.
3. Try using WinZip as an archiver software
If you’re using a Java version of Minecraft, perhaps the black screen is caused by your file archiver software.
In order to run the Java version of the game, your PC needs to be able to unzip the Java files, and if that doesn’t happen, you might have to switch to a different file archiver software.
According to users, they reported that the problem was fixed after switching to WinZip software, so you should definitely try it out.
Run a System Scan to discover potential errors
Click Start Scan to find Windows issues. Click Repair All to fix issues with Patented Technologies.
Run a PC Scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors causing security problems and slowdowns. After the scan is complete, the repair process will replace damaged files with fresh Windows files and components.
The procedure is as easy as right-clicking the Java files and selecting the extract option.
After solving the Minecraft problem you will still have an excellent compression tool that also connects to Dropbox or Google Drive.
Extract your Java files in just a few seconds and get back and start your Microaft gaming session with this awesome tool!
4. Disable the 3D Display Mode feature
- Open the Settings app. The fastest way to do that is to use the Windows Key + I shortcut.
- When the Settings app opens, navigate to the System section.
- In the right pane scroll down and select the Advanced display settings.
- Locate 3D Display Mode option and disable it.
Note: Bear in mind that not all PCs support this feature, so if it’s not available on your PC, you should try a different solution.
5. Disable the SLI mode
According to users, you can experience Minecraft black screen issues if you’re using two graphics cards in SLI mode. In case you don’t know, some users tend to use two graphics cards for gaming in order to get better performance.
Although this feature can be useful, sometimes it can lead to various issues, such as this one. To fix the problem, users are suggesting to disable the SLI feature and the problems with Minecraft should be resolved.
6. Disable the Stereoscopic 3D feature
Some graphics cards support this feature, and if you have it enabled, it might give you problems while trying to run certain games.
Once you find and disable the Stereoscopic 3D feature on your PC, start Minecraft again and check if the issue is still there.
7. Run the game in compatibility mode
- Locate the Minecraft.exe file, right-click it and choose Properties from the menu.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Select the desired version of Windows and click Apply and OK to save changes.
Note: Bear in mind that you might have to experience with different settings until you manage to find the one that works for you.
It’s also worth mentioning that this solution doesn’t work for the UWP version of Minecraft, so if you’ve downloaded your copy from the Microsoft Store, this solution won’t work for you.
8. Use the Ctrl + Alt + Del shortcut
- Start the game normally.
- When the black screen appears, press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys.
- Click Cancel to return back to Windows.
The black screen should be gone and you’ll be able to run the game again without any issues. Bear in mind that this is just a workaround, so if this solution works for you, you’ll have to repeat it every time this problem appears.
9. Run the game with integrated GPU
The dedicated graphics almost always offers better performance, but sometimes it can cause issues with games.
If you’re having Minecraft black screen problems on your PC, perhaps you should try running the game using the built-in graphics. To do that, just right-click the shortcut and choose Run with graphics processor option.
If this method works, you might want to change your graphics card settings and set your built-in graphics as the default GPU for Minecraft.
Bear in mind that your integrated graphics doesn’t have the same performance as your dedicated one, so use this solution as a temporary workaround.
Minecraft black screen issues can be quite problematic, but in most cases, these problems are caused by your settings or drivers, and we hope that you managed to solve them using one of our solutions.
If you have any additions or suggestions, please leave them in the Comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated Great on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with Patented Technologies (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.