You can buy, transfer, and manage your domains and directly connect with website builders like Shopify, Squarespace, Weebly, and Wix. You can also create up to 100 email aliases and forward traffic to other websites.
Important: Google Domains isn’t available in all countries, regions, or languages. Learn where Google Domains is available.
You can use Google Domains with the latest or second-most recent versions of these web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge™
Tip: Make sure you keep your web browser up-to-date. Each time a new browser version is released, we begin support of the most current version and stop support of the third-most recent version.
How it works
When you use Google Domains as your web registrar, you can:
- Search for available domains
- Buy names for your domain
- Transfer domains you already own from other registrars
- Transfer domains between owners within Google Domains
- Manage and renew domain registration
- Create up to 100 forwarded email addresses per domain
- Integrate with web hosts to create and improve your domain’s web presence
Purchase a domain
You can create and manage your domain to fit your specific needs:
- Create a plan for your domain.
- Buy a domain name.
- (Optional) Build your website.
- (Optional) Set up your email.
- Get the word out.
1. Create a plan for your domain
Before you buy a domain, it helps to have a clear goal in mind for how you want to use the domain. Consider these questions:
- What do you want to do on the web?
- Do you want email addresses for your family, coworkers, or employees?
- Will it be for personal or business use?
- Do you want to build a new website, use the domain for an existing website, or use it for email and other services, like Google Drive?
2. Buy a domain name
Important: After you buy a domain name, you must renew it annually.
You can search for domain names, buy domains, and renew your domain registration within Google Domains.
Learn how to buy a domain name.
3. (Optional) Build a website
If you want to use your domain for a new website, you must select a host with web servers to serve your site. Google Domains has partnered with web hosts that can provide the tools to help you build your website at a variety of price points, from basic tools at no cost to more advanced tools at a monthly fee.
Learn how Google Domains integrates with website builder partners.
Use an existing website
There are 2 ways you can use your domain with your existing website or blog:
- To redirect traffic to an existing site, use domain forwarding.
- To use your domain as the address for your site, integrate it with your new domain URL. You can easily integrate your domain with these Google products:
To learn more about using your own domains and custom URLs, check your web host’s help center.
4. (Optional) Set up your email
There are 3 ways to create email addresses @ your domain:
- Set up email forwarding: You can forward up to 100 email addresses on your new domain to existing email addresses. For example, your “example.com” domain could have an existing “email@example.com” email address that forwards to “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- Use G Suite implementation: G Suite offers full Google Docs implementation for each email account at your domain.
- Use your web host’s email solutions: Some web hosts offer options for customized email domains.
- To learn more, check your web host’s help center.
5. Get the word out
You can help customers discover your business or organization through ads on Google Search and Google Maps. When people search for products or services you offer, your ad can appear next to their search results.
Learn more about Google Ads.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?