Bakery Outlet Clerk – PTreq20239
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Outlet Store Clerk -PT is responsible for world class customer service, store presentation, product merchandising, cash and key controls as assigned by their Supervisor. Follows all safety procedures as set forth by the Company.
Top Reasons To Work At Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Key Job Responsibilities
- You are focused on all aspects of customer service.
- You will operate the cash register with accuracy, handle cash within company policy and prepares status reports using cash registers and/or computer systems.
- You will understand product inventory, offerings and varieties.
- You will maintain stock levels on the sales floor, by pulling product from back stock and stocking onto the shelf in its assigned place.
- You will be responsible for product merchandising standards, pricing, signage, and coding on the sales floor.
- You will be responsible for service goals and standards are meet.
- You may assist Lead, outside vendors, sales representatives and internal departments with outlet transactions, as required.
- You will answer incoming phone calls promptly and in a friendly and helpful manner.
- You will maintain a clean, neat work area to ensure store exceeds all cleanliness standards, including parking lots, carts, and trash areas.
- You will maintain a safe working environment for customers and fellow associates, while following all safety rules and procedures.
- You will receive and document new product.
- You will participate and prepare for inventory counts.
- You will participate in team meetings and trainings.
- React to all store needs promptly and with a sense of urgency.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Behavioral Competencies
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills; SAP, Oracle, CPD preferred.
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on improving efficiencies while decreasing waste.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- 1-3 Years of prior in retail sales preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work around various chemicals and food machinery equipment.
- You must wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time (except for break and lunch periods), climb, perform repetitive motions, and work in a loud and hot environment.
- You must have good written and oral English language communication skills.
- Ability to work 8+ hour shifts, irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off) and work holidays and weekends (frequently required).
- Store Hours: 20-30 hours a week, Sun-Sat days off vary, 8a – 6p
Internal Title: Bakery Outlet Clerk
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.